- First, you need to download and install User Manager package;
- Create User Manager subscriber (root customer). Note that when using a version 3.0 or newer, a subscriber called ‘admin’ is created automatically – you can skip the following stage and change ‘MikroTik’ to ‘admin’ in subsequent steps;
/ tool user-manager customer add login=”MikroTik” password=”qwerty” permissions=owner
- Add HotSpot router information to router list, / tool user-manager router add subscriber=MikroTik ip-address=x.x.x.x shared-secret=123456
‘x.x.x.x’ is the address of the HotSpot router, ‘shared-secret’ should match on both User Manager and HotSpot routers. Adding ‘x.x.x.x’ as a router allows Radius requests from ‘x.x.x.x’ to be passed to the Radius Server built into User Manager. Therefore if you have any remote ROS Hotspots that require access to this Radius Server, then all their IP addresses must be added to this list.
- Add HotSpot user information, it is equal to ‘ip hotspot user’ when local HotSpot is used for clients
In version 3:
/ tool user-manager user add name=demo password=demo subscriber=MikroTik
In version 4:
/ tool user-manager user add name=demo password=demo customer=MikroTik
We discuss only basic configuration example, detailed information about ‘user’ menu configuration.
- To make sure, that client is using User Manager for AAA,
/ ip hotspot active print
Flags: R – radius, B – blocked
# USER ADDRESS UPTIME SESSION-TIME-LEFT IDLE-TIMEOUT
0 R 00:01:29:2… 192.168.100.2 1m29s
‘R’ means that client uses User Manager server for AAA services.